Wind & Cloud Travel will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or we need to use your information.
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, your travel arrangements and purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications. In the course of you buying one of our products, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- names of persons booking tours or products, payment details, postal address, email address, phone number and country of residence
- additional details e.g. information about your health, if you have a medical condition that may affect your tour such as the provision of wheelchair assistance or oxygen or you may have requested accommodation that provides services (such as a meal) which is not ’sensitive data’ but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information
We use your personal information:
- to fulfil your travel arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for
- to send tour updates and communications to you
- to provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way
- to carry out internal analysis
- to carry out marketing and keep you informed of our products and services. When we collect information directly from you we will ask you if you want to ‘opt in’ to our marketing communications. If you decide you would no longer like to see our marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time, each marketing communication we send by email will have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop you receiving further marketing emails. Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications which are necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on your tour booking.
- to improve our websites, products and services
- for management and administrative purposes
Sharing your personal information
We share your name (and in some cases your contact telephone number) with our third party suppliers such as accommodation providers, ferry companies and visitor attractions for the purpose of your tour only. For a list of our third party suppliers related to your booking please contact us by email or in writing. This data sharing enables us to source appropriate providers (e.g. accommodation providers, ferries, trains, car hire, visitor attractions) and allows us to offer a high level of service and tour. Without this, we would not be able to fulfil your tour booking and quality of service.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will share with credit and charge card companies, credit reference agencies and anti-fraud screening service providers to process payments, and (where necessary) to carry out fraud-screening.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Keeping your personal information
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book a tour with us we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific travel arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries, feedback or concerns relating to the booking and for accounting purposes the period required under UK tax laws. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Under the current UK Data Protection Regulations you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email email@example.com with the subject title “My data request” including the following required information:
- your full name
- a description of the data that you are requesting (such as tours booked/taken with Rabbie’s), including a date range
- confirmation of booking references and/or email addresses (past and present) used to book tours or products with Rabbie’s and
- any other information that may assist us with identifying the data you require
Please note that we may contact you to request additional information to verify your identity before we share any data requested. From the date that we receive all of the required information, we will process your request in the time frame outlined in current UK legislation.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. Please contact us on the details below if you have any queries or concerns.
The Data Protection Regulations also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Cookies are tiny files that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. These cookies are recognized by the originating website on each visit thereafter, or by another website that recognises the cookie. Cookies are useful in many ways – they remember your preferences, let you navigate between pages efficiently and they ensure that any adverts you see online are relevant to you and your interests. They also allow a website to recognise which device you are using and to continually improve your website experience. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience. It is important to note that none of our cookies contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
Wind & Cloud Travel Ltd
43 Hopetoun Road
South Queensferry EH30 9RB
You can contact our data protection officer as follows:
43 Hopetoun Road
South Queensferry EH30 9RB
Phone: +44 (0) 131 3311 576